Premium differs by Type of coverage and Plan selected, the most affordable being the Third Party coverage because of the basic coverage offered. If you are looking for widest range of benefits, check out our Comprehensive ExcelDrive Prestige Plan as it allows for repair to be carried out at your preferred workshop.
You can also enjoy premium saving further by choosing
- Excess Buy Up option – to increase your excess that you have to bear with each claim in exchange for premium discount.
- ExcelDrive Workshop – Enjoy premium discount up to 15% and warranty for repair.
- Minimum 1 year of driving experience in Singapore
- Not more than 1 claim for the past 3 years
- Total claims not exceeding more than S$30,000 for the past 3 years
- Vehicle Age is 15 years or below for Comprehensive Cover
- Vehicle Age is 20 years or below for Third Party Fire & Theft and Third Party Cover
Young/Inexperienced Drivers Excess
An additional excess (on top of policy excess) as detailed below shall apply for accidental loss or damage whilst driven by:
||Young and/or Inexperienced Drivers
||Young and/or Inexperienced Drivers
|All Other Drivers
'Young Drivers' = drivers (including the Insured) who are below 27 years old.
'Inexperienced Drivers' = drivers (including the Insured) who have less than 1 years of driving experience in Singapore roads.
Online Quotation is not available for the following:
- Insured has less than 1 year of driving Experiences in Singapore roads
- Insured has more than 1 claim for the past 3 years
- Insured has total claims exceeded more than S$30,000 for the past the 3 years
- Insured is not driving
- Vehicle more than 15 years for Comprehensive cover
- Vehicle more than 20 years old for third party Fire and theft and Third party cover
Refer to policy wordings for all exclusion
Will I enjoy any discount upon renewal?
You will automatically enjoy 5% loyalty discount for renewal.
How do I reduce my renewal premium?
You can increase your buy up excess to reduce your premium.
Can I add in additional driver during policy term?
Yes, additional pro-rated premium may be charged depending on the profile of the driver. You can write in to us with the following details; NRIC, Date of Birth, Gender, Marital Status, Occupation, Driving Experience, Relationship to Policyholder and any claims experience in past 3 years.
Can I transfer my No Claim Discount (NCD) Protection to another insurer?
This is not possible, as NCD Protection is specific to existing insurer and is not transferrable to another insurer.
Statement Pursuant to Section 25(5) of the Insurance Act. You are to disclose on this Proposal Form fully and faithfully all the facts which you know or ought to know, otherwise the policy issued hereunder may be void. The liability of the Company does not commence until this proposal is accepted.
With effect from 1 May 2005, the following clause shall apply.
Payment Before Cover Warranty (1 May 2005)
- Notwithstanding anything herein contained but subject to clauses 2 and 3 hereof, it is hereby agreed and declared that the total premium due must be paid and actually received in full by the Company (or the intermediary through whom this Policy or Bond was effected) on or before the inception date (the inception date") of the coverage under the Policy, Bond, Renewal Certificate, Cover Note or Endorsement.
- In the event that the total premium due is not paid and actually received in full by the Company (or the intermediary through whom this Policy or Bond was effected) on or before the inception date referred to above, then the Policy, Bond, Renewal Certificate, Cover Note and Endorsement shall not attach and no benefits whatsoever shall be payable by the Company. Any payment received thereafter shall be of no effect whatsoever as cover never attached on the Policy, Bond, Renewal Certificate, Cover Note and Endorsement.
No Claim Discount Protector
It is agreed that the No Claim Discount (NCD) entitlement in this Policy is protected as follows:
|No of claims made or arisen During the Period of Insurance
||NCD entitlement on Renewal of the Policy
|Where existing NCD entitlement is 30%
||Where existing NCD entitlement is 40%
||Where existing NCD entitlement is 50%
|Three or more
Note: No Claim Discount Protection
- Benefit is not applicable to cases involving the loss of NCD as a result of failure to report or late reporting of accidents as set out under the Policy.
- Applies only when policy is renewed with the Company, and is not transferrable to the next insurer.
- (Having) Does not mean renewal invitation or renewal terms are guaranteed for the next period of insurance.
Applicant and all named drivers do not suffer from any physical impairment.
The vehicle is in a sound and roadworthy condition, and has not been modified nor altered to improve performance.
The vehicle will not be driven by any person who to your knowledge does not hold a valid driving license or has been refused insurance.
Applicant and all named drivers have never been declined or has any policy cancelled or renewal refused or subject to special terms.
An additional excess (on top of the policy excess) as detailed below shall apply for accidental loss or damage whilst driven by:
Named Young and/or Inexperienced Drivers – S$1,500
Unnamed Young and/or Inexperienced Drivers – S$3,000
Unnamed All Other Drivers – S$500
The terms shall be defined as follows:
'Young Drivers' shall be defined as drivers (including the Insured) who are below 27 years old.
'Inexperienced Drivers' shall be defined as drivers (including the Insured) who have less than 1 year of driving experience in Singapore roads.
Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg)
Please note that the online DBS/POSB IPP will no longer be available from 6 May 2021. However, customers who wish to apply for instalment payment for their insurance premiums of $500 & above with DBS/POSB or OCBC credit card may download our Credit Card Payment Form. Please submit the completed form to [email protected].