Terms and Conditions Governing the Private Car October to December Promotion 2020 (“Promotion”)
Organisers: This promotion is organised by Sompo Insurance Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“Sompo”).
Promotion Period: The promotion period is from 2 October 2020 to 24 December 2020.
Eligibility (“Eligible customer”): Customers who buy a new or renew their Sompo Comprehensive Private Car Insurance policy (the “Policy”) within the Promotion Period with a policy premium of $750 and above (inclusive of GST). The policy must be issued under individual name only. Customers who cancel and replace an existing Private Car Insurance policy will not be eligible for this promotion . Customers will become eligible for the Promotional Gift only after the Qualifying Policy’s Coverage Start Date. This promotion is not applicable for policy endorsement, policy extension, and policy shortening.
Promotional Gift: UNIQGIFT Lifestyle E-Voucher worth $50. The Promotional Gift will be issued to eligible customers 2 months from the end of Promotion Period and/or after the commencement of the Qualifying Policy, whichever later. The Promotional Gift is non-transferable, non-replaceable and non-exchangeable for cash, credit or any other items, if lost or stolen.
Notification: The Promotional Gift will be sent to eligible customers 2 months from the end of the Promotion Period and/or after the commencement of the Qualifying Policy, whichever later, to their email address as stated in their Policy application, provided that the policy is in-force at the date of issuance of the notification.
Promotional Gift Redemption:
- Eligible customers must redeem the Promotional Gift within the stipulated validity period.
- Each eligible customer is entitled to only one set of Promotional Gift for each Qualifying Policy purchase regardless the number of the named drivers added to the Qualifying Policy.
- In the event that Sompo discovers multiple redemptions by a customer for the same e-voucher code, Sompo reserves the right to seek recovery of the value in excess redeemed by the customer.
Other General Terms:
- Sompo reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to determine whether a customer is eligible for the Promotion. If Sompo determines that a customer is not eligible, Sompo reserves the right not to allow the customer to participate in the Promotion.
- disclosing the personal data of the customers to Sompo in connection with the Promotion;
- administering and conducting the Promotion;
- processing of the application for Sompo policies and administering Sompo policies; and/or
- providing marketing material and information sent by Sompo on their products and services via ordinary post, electronic mail, text message and/or phone call.
- Sompo reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Promotion or amend, revoke, vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions at its absolute discretion at any time without any liability and such changes shall be binding on customers with effect from the earliest of the following:
- the date Sompo places notice of such changes on its Singapore website;
- the day after Sompo sends notice of such changes to the customer’s last known address in the records of Sompo by ordinary post;
- the day after Sompo sends notice of such change to the customer by short messaging system (SMS) or electronic mail; and/or
- the date Sompo places such notice at its office in Singapore.
- Any termination, suspension, amendment or variation of the Promotion or the terms and conditions herein by Sompo shall not entitle any customer to any claims or compensation from Sompo for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred by that customer, whether directly or indirectly caused.
- Sompo reserves the right to demand from the customer a sum equivalent to the full value of the Promotional Gift for Qualifying Policies which are issued but terminated or lapsed within 3 months from the policy issue date, and the customer shall immediately pay Sompo such amount demanded. The full value refers to the stated worth piece or the face value of the Promotional Gift.
- Sompo makes no representation to the quality or performance of the goods and services provided by the vendor(s) of the Promotional Gift, and Sompo will not be liable for the defects, quality, merchantability, the fitness or any other aspect of the goods or services offered, sold or provided in connection with this Promotion or Voucher redemption.
- Sompo is not an agent of the vendor(s) of the Promotional Gift. Any dispute about the quality or service standard must be resolved directly with the vendor(s) of the Promotional Gift.
- Sompo shall not be liable in any manner for any consequence, claims, losses, damages, injuries, liabilities or expenses suffered or incurred arising out of or relating to, the Promotion, whether directly or indirectly caused, including but not limited to any hardware or software breakdown, malfunction or defects in any computer system or equipment and/or any incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected notices, letters, application forms and/or correspondences.
- The Promotion is not valid in conjunction with other promotional offers unless otherwise stated.
- Sompo’s decision on all matters relating to the Promotion will be at their absolute discretion and shall be final, conclusive and binding on all parties. No further correspondence or claim will be entertained.
- Sompo shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim or damage suffered in relation to the Promotion.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any other terms and conditions, application form, brochure, promotional or marketing material relating to the Promotion, these terms and conditions shall prevail to the extent of matters relating to the Promotion.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and the customers in the Promotion irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these terms and conditions shall not have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
- Sompo policies are protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.gia.org.sg or www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
- Information is correct as at 2 November 2020.