Criteria To Be An Agent
To qualify for registration as an Agent or Nominee Agent, you must be registered with the General Insurance Association
of Singapore (GIA) and satisfy the following requirements:
- You must:
- be at least 18 years of age;
- be a Singapore citizen/PR or a foreigner with a valid Work Permit; and
- possess at least 3 GCE "O" Level credit passes.
- An applicant which is a company registered with the Registry of Companies must have a minimum paid-up capital of
S$25,000 at the time of its application and throughout the currency of its registration.
- You must possess these professional qualifications:
- Certificate of General Insurance (CGI), which comprises:
- Basic Insurance Concept & Principles (BCP)
- Personal General Insurance (PGI)
- Commercial General Insurance (ComGi)
- Or other acceptable qualifications in lieu of CGI.
- Health Insurance (HI).
||Please complete the application form and email it to our Intermediaries Relations Division (IRD) at [email protected]
||Upon reviewing your application, we will invite you for an interview.
||If successful, you will be required to complete the GIA registration forms and pay the necessary GIA registration fee:
||Upon GIA's approval, you will be required to sign an Agency Agreement with Sompo. Should you have any queries on the application procedure, you may contact us at 6329 5241.
- Fit and Proper Criteria
- Code of Practice for Agents
- Minimum Requirement for Agency Contract Renewal
For individual agent, you are required to fulfill a min of $30k GWP annually
For corporate agency, you are required to fulfill a min of $50k GWP annually