Statement Pursuant to Section 25(5) of the Insurance Act. You are to disclose on this Proposal Form fully and faithfully all the facts which you know or ought to know, otherwise the policy issued hereunder may be void.
The liability of the Company does not commence until this proposal is accepted.
With effect from 1 May 2005, the following clause shall apply.
Payment Before Cover Warranty (1 May 2005)
1. Notwithstanding anything herein contained but subject to clauses 2 and 3 hereof, it is hereby agreed and declared that the total premium due must be paid and actually received in full by the Company (or the intermediary through whom this Policy or Bond was effected) on or before the inception date ("the inception date") of the coverage under the Policy, Bond, Renewal Certificate, Cover Note or Endorsement.
2. In the event that the total premium due is not paid and actually received in full by the Company (or the intermediary through whom this Policy or Bond was effected) on or before the inception date referred to above, then the Policy, Bond, Renewal Certificate, Cover Note and Endorsement shall not attach and no benefits whatsoever shall be payable by the Company. Any payment received thereafter shall be of no effect whatsoever as cover never attached on the Policy, Bond, Renewal Certificate, Cover Note and Endorsement.
3. In respect of coverage with "Free Look" provision, the Insured may return the original policy document to the Company or intermediary within the "Free Look" period if the Insured decides to cancel the cover during the "Free Look" period. In such an event, the Insured will receive a full refund of the premium paid to the Company provided that no claim has been made under the insurance.
- is constructed of brick, stone or concrete and roofed with concrete slate tiles and/or other combustible materials and in respect of the risks to be covered no loss, damage or liability has arisen within the last twelve months.
- has never been declined insurance or policy cancelled or renewal refused or subject to special terms;
- is not unoccupied nor used as a workers' living quarters.
The total value of jewellery, watches, antiques, paintings, furs, works of art, curios, stamps or coin collections, items of gold, silver or platinum or other precious metals and other collectable property should not exceed one-third of the Household Contents Sum Insured in the aggregate and S$2,500 per article.
Worldwide Personal Effects Cover
- Articles exceeding S$2,500 must be accompanied by receipt / valuation.
- Personal effects shall mean articles of personal use designed specifically to be worn or carried e.g. clothing, jewellery, watches, camera equipment, etc. Exclude money, mobile phones, pagers, portable computers/diaries & items which are used in connection with any business profession or employment, as well as items insured under a separate policy.
- Mobile phones, pagers, portable computers / diaries and the like may be referred to our office for separate quotation.
- The dog(s) insured in the policy are in good health and condition and have not suffered from any illness/disease or injury which makes the dog(s) an abnormal risk. Coverage is only valid for pet dogs aged 3 months to 5 years old and are registered with the Agri-food '&' Veterinary Authority of Singapore.
- The dogs are not used in connection with any trade, business or breeding and no property damage or third party bodily injury was caused by the dog(s) in the last 3 years.
Personal Data Protection Clause
I/We consent to receive marketing and promotional information from Sompo (e.g. via email, mail, SMS, etc.). I/We understand that I / We can withdraw or manage my/our consent to receive marketing and promotional information at www.sompo.com.sg
I/We am/are aware of and agree to abide by the Policy terms, conditions and exclusions and confirm that the information given in this application/form is true, accurate and complete.