Commercial Vehicle

  • If someone is injured, call the police immediately and do not move the vehicle.
  • If nobody is injured, take photographs of the position and damages of the vehicles before moving your vehicle to the side of the road.
  • Exchange particulars with the other party or parties including registration number, name, NRIC number and insurer.
  • Take note of the number of passengers in the third party vehicle(s)
  • Do not admit liability or sign any promissory note agreeing to pay for damages.
  • A police report is required if:
    • Any of the parties are injured (issued with at least 3 days of medical leave)
    • Accident involves government vehicles or property
    • Accident involves foreign vehicles
    • Accident involves pedestrians or cyclist
    • Accident is a hit and run
    A copy of the police report must be submitted to Sompo

    You must report an accident within 24 hours or the next working day.

    You must do so even if you are not making a claim under your own policy and / or if there is no damage to your vehicle.

    If you do not do so:

    •  Your NCD will be reduced by 5%.
    •  Your claim may be rejected.






Make a Claim


How to claim?

  • If you are making an Own Damage or Third Party claim, you can approach our ExcelDrive workshop for their assistance to e-file your report.
  • You must submit your Own Damage claim within 14 days after a loss has happened.
  • Download and send to our office or email us at [email protected] for Windscreen claim.

What's next?

  • We will acknowledge your claim within 3 working days
  • We will survey your vehicle and authorize repair within 1 working day if the details are in order

Windscreen Claims (Comprehensive cover only)

How to claim?

  • For minor damage to windscreen please call our authorized service provider @ 6278 0887, they will provide a quick assessment of the windscreen at a convenient location. They can carry out the repairs immediately if the damage is minor.
  • For windscreen replacement, please bring your vehicle to our ExcelDrive workshop, they will take photographs of the damage and submit to us with a quotation. We will authorize repair within 1 working day if all the details are in order.
  • Only one windscreen claim is allowed per policy year.

What documents do I need to submit?

  • Fully completed windscreen claim form

Own Damage Claims

How to claim?

  • Report the accident at our authorised Accident Reporting Centres with your vehicle within 24 hours or on the next working day and indicate your intention to claim the repairs against your policy.
  • Please proceed only to our ExcelDrive workshops for your repairs.
  • Any excess applicable under your policy will be paid directly to the workshop.
  • Reimbursement for towing charges is only applicable for Own Damage claims and the amount is subject to policy limits

Third Party Claims

Consider claiming Own Damage against your own policy if you have a comprehensive cover and the accident is clearly caused by you or your insured driver or if you require the repairs to your vehicle be carried out as soon as possible.

  • Towing charges is not claimable under third party, fire and theft, and third party policies.
  • If you require towing assistance, you can contact any ExcelDrive workshop directly or our Contact Centre at 6461 6555. After office hours, our Contact Centre Hotline will be redirected to our emergency towing service provider.
  • Towing charges should be settled by you directly with the towing provider. 

How to claim against a third party

  • Contact the third party’s insurer to conduct survey of your damaged vehicle.
  • Write to the third party’s insurer with the amount that you are claiming. You should prepare the following documents:

    a)   Your Singapore Accident Statement / police report

    b)  Survey report with colour photographs of the damage

    c)  Final repair bill

    d)  Rental bill or taxi receipts, if any

    e)  Any receipts to evidence payment   

  • Let Sompo know that you are claiming against the third party and who is your workshop or representative helping you in the claim.
  • Our ExcelDrive workshops can assist you in making a third party claim if the repair is handled by them and the accident is clearly not caused by you or your insured driver.

What to do when a third party claims against you

Let Sompo know as soon as possible of any event which is likely to give rise to a claim against you so that we can investigate the matter early.

  • Do not admit liability or sign any document agreeing to pay for damages as this may make you personally liable for the damages
  • Do not reply to any documents received from third parties and forward the documents to Sompo immediately for our follow up

Useful Information

If I am making a third party claim, do I have to pay for the repair cost first?

Yes, you will have to pay the repair cost when you collect the vehicle. However, private arrangements can be discussed between the car owner and the workshop. Our ExcelDrive workshops can assist you in making third party claims if they repair your vehicle and the accident is clearly not caused by you or your insured driver.

What should I do if I am involved in a motor accident in Malaysia?

You have to lodge a police report in Malaysia and have the vehicle towed back to Singapore for repair. It may take a longer time to arrange for a tow service from Malaysia depending on the location of the accident. The nearest Malaysian towing service provider in the area will tow the vehicle to the Causeway and handover the vehicle to the Singapore towing service.

What should I do when I receive a traffic summons or Writ of Summons?

You must notify Sompo via our Contact Centre at 6461 6555 immediately upon receiving such documents. Any delay on your part may make it more difficult to handle the claim so pass any documents received to Sompo immediately. As the facts of an accident will be different from case to case we will need to evaluate each case on its own merits and handle the claims accordingly.


report  Motor Claims Service Providers

Use our online maps to easily search and locate the nearest Authorised Workshops and Accident Reporting Centres to you now.


  Online Help

  • You might also be interested in

  • Need more help from us

    Contact Us

Contact Us

65-6461 6555