Personal Property


Select the claim forms and procedures which apply to the type of claim you are submitting under the Homebliss policy.

For Home Assistance Services claims     use   Home Assistance Services Form
For property claims   use   General Property Claim Form /procedure
For liability claims
  use   General Liability Claim Form / procedure
For miscellaneous claims        
  use   General Claim Form
    • You must support your claim with documents otherwise you may not be able to claim under your policy.
    • If you have made any false or fraudulent statements or held back or falsely stated any material fact whatsoever, your claim may be refused.


Faster and easier to claim*:

  •  Submit online for applicable types of claim

Do remember to submit your claim within 7 days after a loss has happened.

Home Assistance Services Claims 

How to claim?
  • Contact our Hotline service provider for referral of the appropriate contractor.
  • Ensure that the original invoice shows the type of services provided and a breakdown of the invoiced items.
  • Submit the original invoices together with the duly completed HomeBliss – Home Assistance Services claim form.

Useful points to note

  • Emergency home assistance cover is limited to $100.00 per event, up to 4 times per year.
  • There is no cover for the cost of the actual repair, replacement or reinstatement of damaged property.

What documents do I need to submit?

  • Fully completed Homebliss – Home Assistance Services claim form
  • Original invoices

Property Damage Claims

  • Take all reasonable steps to reduce the extent of loss or damage. Take photographs to show the damage when it is safe to do so.
  • As far as possible do not throw away or repair or move damaged items as this may affect evidence as to the cause of loss or damage. Check with us or our appointed loss adjusters first.
  • If a criminal act is involved, please make a police report. A copy of the police report must be extended to us.
  • Record the particulars of the witnesses (if any).
  • We may appoint service providers when necessary to investigate the loss. Co-operate fully with the adjuster or investigator and provide all requested information quickly so that we can respond to you as soon as possible.

What documents do I need to submit?

  • Fully completed claim form
  • Original receipts or invoices to show payment
  • Any other documents to substantiate your claim

Important Definitions

Note: You should refer to your policy document for detailed wordings


If the value of your property is higher than the amount you have insured under your policy at the time of the loss Sompo will only pay a proportion of the loss up to the insured value. You will have to bear the remaining loss on your own.

  • Ensure you have declared an adequate sum insured
  • Review your sum insured regularly and at least upon every renewal


The amount to be settled will take into consideration proper allowance for wear, tear or depreciation.


If you have any other insurance covering the property damaged or lost you should declare this to Sompo. Sompo shall not pay or contribute more than its ratable proportion of the loss.


If the loss of damage to the insured property is caused by a third party’s action Sompo will have a right of recovery against the third party. In these instances, you shall co-operate with Sompo as required in order that we may enforce our recovery rights.

Duty of Care

You should always act as if uninsured and take all reasonable care to maintain and keep the insured property in a proper state of repair and take all reasonable precautions to prevent accidental loss or damage to the property insured. You should

Third Party Claims

What to do when a third party claims against you

Let Sompo know as soon as possible of any event which is likely to give rise to a claim against you so that we can investigate the matter early.

  • Do not admit liability or sign any document agreeing to pay for damages as this may make you personally liable for the damages.
  • Do not reply to any documents received from third parties and forward the documents to Sompo immediately for our follow up.
  • If you receive a Writ of Summons you must notify Sompo via our Contact Centre at 6461 6555 immediately - any delay on your part may make it more difficult to handle the claim. We will need to evaluate each case on its own merits and handle the claims accordingly.

What documents do I need to submit?

  • Fully completed claim form
  • Original receipts or invoices to show payment
  • Any other documents to substantiate your claim

report  Motor Claims Service Providers

Use our online maps to easily search and locate the nearest Authorised Workshops and Accident Reporting Centres to you now.


  Online Help

  • You might also be interested in

  • Need more help from us

    Contact Us

Contact Us

65-6461 6555