Terms and Conditions Governing the PAStar November/December 2021 Promotion (“Promotion”)
- The Promotion is organised by Sompo Insurance Singapore Pte. Ltd. (“Sompo”).
- The Promotion is from 15 November 2021 to 24 December 2021, both dates inclusive. (the “Promotion Period”).
- This Promotion is only for new successful purchase of Sompo PAStar policies (“Qualifying Policy”) within the Promotion Period. An eligible person under this Promotion refers to the Policyholder who successfully purchases the
Qualifying Policy (“Eligible Person”). For avoidance of doubt, the Qualifying Policy must be successfully issued within the Promotion Period.
- Eligible Person will be entitled to the Promotional Gift (as defined below) depending on the annual premium of each Qualifying Policy purchased during the Promotion Period. Each Eligible Person would be entitled to receive the Promotional
Gift as follows:
- S$30 Lazada voucher for purchase of each Qualifying Policy with net annual premium of equal or less than S$200;
- S$50 Lazada voucher for purchase of each Qualifying Policy with net annual premium of more than S$200 and up to S$300;
- S$80 Lazada voucher for purchase of each Qualifying Policy with net annual premium of more than S$300 and up to S$500;
- S$120 Lazada voucher for purchase of each Qualifying Policy with net annual premium of more than S$500 and up to S$700; and
- S$200 Lazada voucher for purchase of each Qualifying Policy with net annual premium of more than S$700.
- This Promotion is not valid in conjunction with any other promotions or discounts.
- An Eligible Person who applies for a Qualifying Policy within 90 days from the date of expiry or cancellation of any existing PAStar policy with Sompo will not be eligible for this Promotion.
- Each Eligible Person is entitled to the Promotional Gift for each Qualifying Policy successfully issued during the Promotion Period that meet the criteria in paragraph 4 above and/or as set out under these terms and conditions. An email
in relation to the redemption of the Promotional Gift will be sent to the successful Eligible Person within six (6) weeks from date of issuance of the Qualifying Policy purchased at the Eligible Person’s email address registered
with Sompo during the application for the Qualifying Policy (“Redemption Email”).
- The Promotional Gift is given on the condition that the Qualifying Policy successfully issued must not be terminated, cancelled or voided for any reason whatsoever within 6 months from the Policy issuance date. Otherwise, the Policyholder
will have to reimburse Sompo the full amount and value of the Promotional Gift and/or any Replacement Item.
- The Promotional Gift must be redeemed within the timeframe indicated in the Redemption Email, failing which, the successful Eligible Person shall be deemed to have forfeited his/her right to the Promotional Gift and no compensation will
be given or payment in lieu.
- The Promotional Gift is not exchangeable for cash or any benefit in kind. No extension to the validity of the Promotional Gift is allowed.
- Sompo reserves the right to replace any Promotional Gift with items of similar value (“Replacement Item”) at any time without prior notice.
- Sompo is not the merchant of the Promotional Gift or any Replacement Item, and provides no warranty in respect of it. Sompo shall not be responsible for all warranties, expressed or implied, including implied warranties of merchantability,
and fitness for a particular purpose and against infringement of intellectual property rights in respect of the Promotional Gift or any Replacement Item.
- No joint venture, sponsorship, tie up, agency or any other relationship is intended or created between Sompo and the manufacturer or merchant of the Promotional Gift or any Replacement Item. Neither is this Promotion intended or deemed
to be in connection with or use of the brand name of the Promotional Gift or any Replacement Item.
- Sompo reserves the right to change the terms and conditions of this Promotion without any prior notice.
- Sompo reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to determine whether a participant is eligible for the Promotion. If Sompo determines that a participant is not eligible, Sompo reserves the right not to allow the participant
to participate in the Promotion.
- By participating in the Promotion, all participants agree and consent that Sompo may collect, use, disclose and/or process their personal data (in the case of a corporate policy, personal data of individuals in relation to the policy)
accordance with legal/regulatory obligations/risk management procedures) (available on www.sompo.com.sg). For the purposes stated below, all participants confirm that they have read and agree to be bound by the terms stated therein,
as may be amended, supplemented and/or substituted by Sompo from time to time:
- disclosing the personal data of the participants to Sompo in connection with the Promotion;
- administering and conducting the Promotion;
- processing of the application for Sompo PAStar policies and administering Sompo PAStar policies; and
- providing marketing material and information sent by Sompo on their products and services via ordinary post, electronic mail, text message and/or phone call.
- Sompo reserves the right to terminate or suspend the Promotion or amend, revoke, vary, delete or add to any of these terms and conditions at its absolute discretion at any time without any liability and such changes shall be binding on
participants with effect from the earliest of the following:
- the date Sompo places notice of such changes on its Singapore website;
- the day after Sompo sends notice of such changes to the participant’s last known address in the records of Sompo by ordinary post;
- the day after Sompo sends notice of such change to the participant by short messaging system (SMS) or electronic mail; and/or
- the date Sompo places such notice at its office in Singapore.
- Any termination, suspension, amendment or variation of the Promotion or the terms and conditions herein by Sompo shall not entitle any participant to any claims or compensation from Sompo for any and all losses or damages suffered or incurred
by that participant, whether directly or indirectly caused.
- Sompo shall not be liable in any manner for any consequence, claims, losses, damages, injuries, liabilities or expenses suffered or incurred arising out of or relating to, the Promotion, whether directly or indirectly caused, including
but not limited to any hardware or software breakdown, malfunction or defects in any computer system or equipment and/or any incomplete, lost, late, damaged, illegible or misdirected notices, letters, application forms and/or correspondences.
- The Promotion is not valid in conjunction with other promotional offers unless otherwise stated.
- Sompo’s decision on all matters relating to the Promotion will be at their absolute discretion and shall be final, conclusive and binding on all parties. No further correspondence or claim will be entertained.
- Sompo shall not be liable for any loss, injury, claim or damage suffered in relation to the Promotion.
- In the event of any inconsistency between these terms and conditions and any other terms and conditions, application form, brochure, promotional or marketing material relating to the Promotion, these terms and conditions shall prevail
to the extent of matters relating to the Promotion.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of Singapore and the participants in the Promotion irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Singapore.
- A person who is not a party to any agreement governed by these terms and conditions shall not have any right under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act (Cap. 53B) to enforce any of these terms and conditions.
- Information is correct as at 15 November 2021.
- Sompo PAStar policies are protected under the Policy Owners’ Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from
you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact your insurer or visit the GIA/LIA or SDIC web-sites (www.gia.org.sg or
www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg)
Updated as of 15 November 2021.